PC-Equivalent Plastic material is a photo-cured resin. It simulates properties and appearance of polycarbonate material. It has a good ability to resist humidity and maintain dimensional accuracy.
PC-Equivalent Plastic is a translucent (60-70% transparency) material. It is suitable for applications that require ‘clear’ parts that need finished, production look. Since parts are fabricated using Stereolithography (SLA) technology, there is support structure generation during fabrication. Despite support structures, PC-Equivalent Plastic comes with a smooth surface finish, and little burs (if any) left during the support structure removal can be polished to give the part a superior surface finish.
With Post-Processing: + (1-2) business days depending on the post-processing options chosen.
- Strong and Rigid
- Excellent feature resolution and dimensional accuracy
- Smooth surface finish
- Brittle in nature
- Unsuitable for snap-fits and live hinges
- Translucent parts for clear display models
- Proof of concept prototypes
- Automotive designing and styling components, bottles, transparent assemblies
- Master patterns for vacuum casting
PC-Equivalent Plastic is a polycarbonate-like material that comes with a smooth surface finish and a translucent, clear color. It is mainly used in automotive designing and styling components.
PC-Equivalent Plastic Design Guidelines for 3D Printing
- For a given part geometry, the minimum wall thickness should be at least 1mm.
- For decent strength: 1.5mm.
- For rigid wall: 2mm.
Minimum detail size
- The minimum supported feature thickness: At least 0.5 mm.
- Since PC-Equivalent Plastic parts are fabricated in Stereolithography (SLA) technology, support structures are generated on part geometries with overhangs and unsupported features.
Embossing and Engraving:
- Recommended fonts for a clear, legible text: Arial, Gothic
- Letter strand width: at least 0.5mm
- Embossing height: at least 0.5mm
- Engraving (cavity) depth: at least 0.5mm
- If the length of the wall is greater than 50mm (5 cm), then a minimum wall thickness of 2mm should be kept to impart decent strength.