PP-Equivalent Plastic is a photo-cured resin. It simulates properties in the range of polypropylene to low-end ABS. The combination of mechanical properties and its visual similarity to an injection molded plastic has led many to opt for PP-Equivalent Plastic as their choice of material.
PP-Equivalent Plastic is milky white in color. It is suitable for enclosures and snap-fit assemblies. Since parts are fabricated using Stereolithography (SLA) technology, there is support structure generation during fabrication. Despite support structures, PP-Equivalent Plastic comes with a smooth surface finish, and little burs, if any, left during the support structure removal can be polished to give the part a superior surface finish.
With Post-Processing: + (1-2) business days depending on the post-processing options chosen
- Great feature resolution and dimensional accuracy
- Smooth surface finish and flexibility
- Support structure generation
- Parts may turn orangey if exposed to moisture and humidity
- Proof of concept prototypes
- Enclosures and live hinges
- Automotive styling parts
- Master patterns for Vacuum casting
PP-Equivalent Plastic is a polypropylene-like material that is flexible and comes with a smooth surface finish. It is also used as a master pattern in Vacuum Casting process.
PP-Equivalent Plastic Design Guidelines
- For a given part geometry, the minimum wall thickness should be at least 1mm. However, a wall thickness of 1mm will be a bit flexible.
- For decent strength: 1.5mm.
- For rigid wall: 2mm.
Minimum detail size
- The minimum supported feature thickness: At least 0.5 mm.
- Since PP-Equivalent Plastic parts are fabricated in Stereolithography (SLA) technology, support structures are generated on part geometries with overhangs and unsupported features.
Embossing and Engraving:
- Recommended fonts for a clear, legible text: Arial, Gothic
- Letter strand width: at least 0.5mm
- Embossing height: at least 0.5mm
- Engraving (cavity) depth: at least 0.5mm
- If the length of the wall is greater than 50mm (5 cm), then a minimum wall thickness of 2mm should be kept to impart decent strength.