Tango-Elastic is part of the Tango family which consists of a range of materials viz. Tango Plus, Tango BlackPlus etc. These are flexible materials which have shore hardness as low as 27-30A. Tango-Elastic material comes in either Yellowish-clear or Black color, but it can be blended with Ultra Detail Plastic photopolymer to attain a range of colors along with varying shore hardness (30A – 85A) and translucency.
Tango-Elastic parts can be made matte or glossy during manufacturing itself. This usually eliminates any need for post-processing operations. Since Tango-Elastic parts are fabricated in Polyjet technology, they have support structure generation. The supports are wax-like supports which can be removed manually or with the help of a water-jet.
Average turnaround time: 4-5 business days
- High flexibility with smooth surface finish
- Excellent feature retention capability & accuracy
- Available in variety of colors
- Post-processed part quality in as-build condition
- Can be blended with Rigid materials
- Unsuitable for mechanical applications
- Parts may warp when exposed to higher temperatures (greater than 45-50˚C)
- Small aesthetic parts and display models with intricate features
- Parts with multi-material capabilities
- FMCG and packaging industries
Tango-Elastic is a flexible material with shore hardness as low as 27-30A. It has high elasticity and a very low tensile modulus, thereby making it suitable for applications requiring high flexibility.
Tango-Elastic Design Guidelines
- For a given part geometry, the minimum wall thickness should be at least 2mm.
- For decent strength: 3mm.
Minimum detail size
- The minimum supported feature thickness: At least 0.5mm.
- Since Tango-Elastic parts are fabricated in Polyjet technology, support structures are generated on part geometries with overhangs and unsupported features.
Embossing and Engraving:
- Recommended fonts for a clear, legible text: Arial, Gothic
- Letter strand width: at least 0.5mm
- Embossing height: at least 0.5mm
- Engraving (cavity) depth: at least 0.5mm
- If the length of the wall is greater than 50mm (5 cm), then a minimum wall thickness of 3-4mm should be kept to impart decent strength.